Thursday, April 19, 2012

Conversation

Celie: hello
Psychiatrist: hi how are you today
Celie: well I'm alive ain't I?
Psychiatrist: (chuckles) why yes you are ma'am
Celie: now why you laughing at me?
Psychiatrist: because you stated the obvious that you were alive but i meant emotionally how are you.
Celie: well emotionally I'm doing just fine my shop is booming and I'm making a good amount of money to support me and my grown children
Psychiatrist: well that sounds mighty fine to me how old are your children?
Celie: well my son Adam is about eighteen and my daughter Olivia is sixteenish, they are very smart. They grew up in Africa with my sister Nettie.
Psychiatrist: Why didn't they grow up here with you?
Celie: well I thought they were killed for the longest time because my pa gave and took them away from me. But then by some fate of God my sister came to live with them and went to Africa as a missionary with their family. But now they came home to me to stay forever.
Psychiatrist: well that sounds very nice. Do you trust many people?
Celie: yes, i trust Shug, Nettie, Sofia, Olivia, Adam, and Squek. I trust them with anything really.
Psychiatrist: I've noticed that you only trust one man and that is your son. Why do you think that is?
Celie: well no man has ever done me any good and they won't anytime soon. They just want something to pleasure them then work as a slave for life. Don't no man i ever met ever been trustworthy other than my son Adam.
Psychiatrist: do you really feel that way about all men?
Celie: why yes i have no proof that any man other than Adam is good. Not my father not my husband nor any other man I've met.
Psychiatrist: well that's just plain sad to hear for the male gender. There are a lot of bad people but they aren't all men and there are plenty of good men out there. Also there are plenty of bad women out in the world.
Celie: why there are a good amount of bad women out there but they won't beat you and make you do things with them that you don't want to. And no man has ever been good to me other than my well raised son and that is that. I think that is enough for today bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment