Thursday, April 12, 2012

Navy Blue




Navy blue is a very dark blending color. It basically goes with all other colors when it comes to clothing and matching things. In The Color Purple Celie just does what she is told for example, “I don’t say nothing.I think bout Nettie, dead.She fight, she run away. What good it do? I don’t fight, I stay where I’m told. But I’m’ alive.” Her view is just living is enough and blending in with the background, like navy blue, is fine. "Well the next time you come you can look at her. She ugly. She don't even look like she kin to Nettie. But she'll make the better wife. She ain't smart either, and I'll just be fair, you have to watch her or she'll give away everything that you own. But she can work like a man." This shows how little she is respected by  her father who is the one speaking. After he says this Celie doesn't do anything. She just goes where ever she is told. Her father never asked if she wated to marry Mr.___ but she just goes with it to blend like navy blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment